Kyrgyzstan has got to be the easiest country in Central Asia to visit as it is visa-free for most nationalities. Crossing the border was a hassle free process and by far the cheapest!
We will be in Kyrgyzstan for over a month, predominantly in the Tien Shan mountains as we attempt to climb Khan Tengri. Our friend Malcolm is meeting us in the North of Kyrgyzstan in a weeks time and for now we have stopped in Osh (with it’s legendary Baazar) to stock up on supplies.
- Taking advantage of some handy ramps to carry out some routine maintenance and inspection after abusing the car on the Pamir Highway - local children offering to help!
- Just accross the border into Kyrgyzstan and just what we had imagined!
- Our first camp in Kyryzstan, in the Alay valley with the high Pamirs on the horizon.
- Maz planning the next day while the kettle boils.
- A moody sunset during a short lived thunder storm.
- Stocking up on provisions for Khan Tengri at the Osh Baazar!
- Lending a hand to some local traders pushing a heavy cart of “flesh”!
- Osh Baazar.
- Updating the blog with a cold beer at the brilliant TES Guest House in Osh.